What Are The Signs Of Rat Infestation?
Once the rats have entered your home, they will find a place to hide and breed, which will increase their numbers considerably. Though they know how to hide themselves, there will be some signs that indicate their presence.
- Footprints – The feet of the rodents are easily distinguishable, so you can easily recognise them, particularly if they have built a nest in a filthy place such as the basement or attic.
- Teeth Marks – Rats wreak havoc in their way and gnaw on everything they see – electric cables, pipes, paper, nylon bags and rubber items. Their gnawing marks can be easily identified.
- Scratching Noise – Rats are highly active during the night, and you can hear the sounds of scratching if you stay awake.
- Foul Smell – When lots of tiny creatures live, breed, excrete, die and decompose within your property, you are sure to experience the foul smell.
- Rat Droppings & Urine – Rat urine has a very sharp foul smell and their droppings are oval like an olive.
- Holes & Burrows: – If you could see some small holes or burrows in the ground or along the wall, then it is a good indication that you have a rodent infestation.
What Are The Dangers Of A Rat Infestation?
Having a rat infestation in your home is a serious thing which shouldn’t be overlooked. Besides spreading diseases and putting everyone’s health at risk, they also cause a lot of structural damages to your property. In addition to chewing on painting, documents, furniture and cartons, they also gnaw on electrical wires, putting your home in danger of short circuit and fire.
Diseases Spread By Rats:
- Pulmonary Fever
- Infectious Jaundice
- Rat-bite Fever
- Bubonic Plague
How To Deter Rats?
Fill Holes, Cracks & Gaps:
Rats can get into the holes that are just about the size of a quarter. So, inspect your home for any opening and seal them with caulk, cement, plaster, hardware cloth or steel wool.
Cover Your Food & Garbage Cans:
Rats are so resourceful that they can easily find things to eat around your property. So, you should be diligent while dealing with them. Cover your food items and store them properly, dispose of the garbage cans regularly, clean the spilled food immediately, feed the pets before the dusk and don’t store any pet food outside.
Eliminate The Clutter & Keep Your House Clean:
Eliminate the piles of debris, clutter and garbage found around your property as they could become a breeding ground for the rodents. Also keep your house clean – this doesn’t mean that vacuuming your home every day. Rather, it is about disposing of unwanted things from your home and keeping the space neat, organised and clean.
Call The Pros:
If you don’t have time, sources or feel comfortable to remove rats yourself, call in our professionals. With many years of experience in dealing with rat infestations, we can exterminate them from your home quickly and safely.
How Do We Deal With Rat Infestation?
Inspection – Upon your request, our rat control expert will arrive at your home at the scheduled time and carry out a thorough inspection of your property to figure out any evidence of an infestation.
Install Bait Systems – After inspecting your home, we will set up bait systems in the areas that are infested by rats. As rat baits are poisonous, we keep them in an enclosed bait system, making it non-dangerous to children and pets.
Set Traps – In those areas where the bait systems can’t be installed, we set up traps to catch those annoying creatures.
Once rats become comfortable in the hideouts they found in your home, they start to breed. The more you wait, the more they grow in population. So, when you notice any signs of rat infestation, feel free to call our rat removal experts on (03) 8592 4758.