Well, the obvious reason is, that rats and mice need the warmth that your house provides. They would like to take shelter in your place and are likely to visit your household during cold months. Once it starts to get cooler outside, they look for a safe & warm space with unlimited access to food & water. They are a nuisance all year round; however, the need for warm shelter may increase the chance of rat infestation. That’s why you must stay extra cautious when you spot one or two. If you’re suspecting their presence, better get help rat removal Melbourne specialist to inspect your property.
What Do They Look For?
- Rats need to maintain their body temperature to survive the winter. If your home condition is very hospitable, they are not going to leave your house any soon.
- If you have the habit of keeping pet foods outside your house or near the patio, it will attract the rats to enter your property during winter. Rat removal experts suggest keeping them indoors and installing door gap sealers to curb their entry
- Rats are in search of starch foods, sugar, nuts & fruits, and cheese attracts rats and mice. If there are any leftovers on the floor, you’re most likely to see rats in your kitchen. So, to avoid encouraging them to stay in your kitchen, make sure to keep the food containers tightly closed.
- The worst part is they throw dirt and spread foul smells while they search for food. So even if you spot one or two, there may be lots hiding underneath or hidden areas. Along with contamination, they spread dangerous diseases harmful to you and your pets.
- Even through the tiny gaps, they can squeeze their body to invade your home. So while checking, make sure to check the backside & bottom areas of electrical appliances like the refrigerator, washing machine, and furniture, and hidden areas.
Over To You
Whether you already suspect a rat’s presence & want professional assistance, get rat removal Melbourne experts from Rats Removal Melbourne. For home inspections, call 03 8592 4758 today.